Thursday, June 09, 2011

HE'LL CHEAT! But not my guy. He's a sweetheart, actually.

Carrie Underwood is a successful pop star who sings a song called "Before He Cheats." (lyrics below). This song is a little confusing. Apparently the singer's boyfriend has cheated... but she never really says that. She implies it. She simply describes a man who is "probably" doing some cheating type behavior. Then she describes her revenge on what he is "probably" doing. The revenge is to destroy his private property, his car; she describes this in VIOLENT detail. Enough to make you wince at the thought of it. This is supposedly justified by the fact that he "probably" cheated.

Let me let you in on something. Even if he did cheat, its not OK to tear is car apart. Its called crazy land. And I suggest you don't visit. Its a crime to destroy someone's private property and its wildly intimidating, violent and indicative of unstable behavior. You don't have to be with this person who cheated on you. Walk away. Move on. You may call them some bad names or leave an insulting message on their voicemail but destroying their car is in ANOTHER LEAGUE and its CRIMINAL behavior. It is NOT OK. It is CRAZY. It means you have serious emotional problems, you don't know where the line is on revenge and you probably need some therapy. NOW.

To make this story even more comical is the fact that the woman who sings it, Carrie Underwood, is in love, and happily married to NHL hockey star Mike Fisher. Further, she admits that she's crazy about him and becomes a "sentimental weenie" around him.

["He loves it here, and I love having him here," the former Idol champ added, admitting that life as a wife has softened her up considerably. "I've never been one for mushy songs. I just don't do mush. I can do mad. I can do sassy," she explained. But with her guy? "The more I was around him...I'm becoming a sentimental weenie!"]

NHL hockey stars, like other athletes, have been suspected of extra marital affairs. Traveling 6 months a year doesn't help. So Carrie, are you worried your hubby will cheat? Guess not. She's too busy being in love. And it seems she has faith in marriage. But don't follow what she does... Please. Listen to her songs. Especially the ones that tells you to expect "him" to cheat and retaliate by going loco and destroying his car. Women drive down the road singing that song at the top of their lungs. I've even spoken with plenty of women in bars who HAVE BOYFRIENDS or are seeing someone. When I dig a little, it seems they are trying to "upgrade," or else they tell me they are "half seeing someone," "thinking of leaving him" or are "convinced he's cheating, or will soon because their sex life is really bad right now." Is this song the cause of all that? No. But it sure doesn't help. Its like the theme song to these women's lives. It preys on women's insecurities and inflames them.

Singing "angry, girl-power" type songs makes you money. It just doesn't make you happy. Loving someone who loves you back does. But it seems Mrs. Underwood has decided to let that be her little secret. She doesn't sing about her darling husband whom she plainly adores. I find it to be a bit horrifying. Do you think women don't listen to that song and get ideas about men... or about THEIR man!?!?!? Read through the comments section and tell me it has no effect.


Before He Cheats lyrics
Songwriters: Tompkins, Chris; Kear, Josh;

Right now he's probably slow dancing
With a bleached-blond tramp
And she's probably getting frisky
Right now, he's probably buying
Her some fruity little drink
'Cause she can't shoot whiskey

Right now, he's probably up behind her
With a pool stick
Showing her how to shoot a combo
And he don't know

I dug my key into the side
Of his pretty little souped-up 4 wheel drive
Carved my name into his leather seat
I took a Louisville slugger to both head lights
Slashed a hole in all 4 tires
And maybe next time he'll think before he cheats

Right now, she's probably up singing some
White-trash version of Shania karaoke
Right now, she's probably saying, "I'm drunk"
And he's a thinking that he's gonna get lucky

Right now, he's probably dabbing on 3 dollars
Worth of that bathroom Polo
[ From: http://www.elyrics.net/read/c/carrie-underwood-lyrics/before-he-cheats-lyrics.html ]
Oh and he don't know

That I dug my key into the side
Of his pretty little souped-up 4 wheel drive
Carved my name into his leather seat
I took a Louisville slugger to both head lights
Slashed a hole in all 4 tires
And maybe next time he'll think before he cheats

I might've saved a little trouble for the next girl
'Cause the next time that he cheats
Oh, you know it won't be on me!
No, not on me

'Cause I dug my key into the side
Of his pretty little souped-up 4 wheel drive
Carved my name into his leather seat
I took a Louisville slugger to both head lights
Slashed a hole in all 4 tires
Maybe next time he'll think before he cheats
Oh, maybe next time he'll think before he cheats
Oh, before he cheats
Oh


And if you think girls and women don't take simple little radio tunes seriously....

From the Comments section:

COMMENTS (recent 15 of 199 total comments)
jessica T. 06/08/11,09:26
i love this song it is awsome and carrie is such a great role model and a good influence and is down to earth and that anything is possible if you follow your dreams i love her
chris 06/08/11,08:28
lol Just wanted 2 see what the hell the lyrics were didnt hear them too clear !
somebody 06/07/11,17:50
This song is stuck in my head after Carrie and Lauren sang it on the Idol season 10 finals... Love it though!
Raul ibanez 06/05/11,07:14
Awesome song! I'm gonna watch her concert live for the like 1,000000000 time! It's so good! Yayay baby
CountryGirl 06/01/11,16:03
Go Louisville!
SLE 05/31/11,18:58
man i love this song especially since my last bf cheated on me wit 2 girls ha stupid and im bout to take it out on him XD
Carrie Underwood 05/30/11,20:40
I love this song like I love my life.
tiffany 05/30/11,13:30
OMG i love this song i have had many boyfriends that were all buttheads
meow
05/29/11,13:32
OMG I love this song! My friend and I are performing it for open mic and I'm Soo excited!!

No comments:

Post a Comment